Friday, February 22, 2013

49'r

It didn't seem that bad this morning with temps above freezing and winds below 10 mph. No need for double layering. I wasn't expecting bright sunshine but I was hoping for an enjoyable 40+ day. 17 miles into the ride I stopped to chat with a couple of cyclists on the side of the road. One of the guys, Bob, I see quite frequently when riding this area but never had the opportunity to talk. I was amazed to learn that he had 16,000 miles for the year and this was not his best year. I don't total that my miles in all my modes of transportation. After about a half hour we moved on and I was reminded it was still Winter. The sky was overcast and my body cooled down. My face was cold and I regretted not bringing my balaclava. Having the fairing is a great asset in the cold. I am able to tuck my hands behind and keep them warm. The extra speed barreling down hills is a blast and I don't freeze my buns off.  5 miles down the road and I was warming up again. I continued the ride as planned taking detours to add miles. I added panniers to the ride for needed shopping before returning home. I may just leave these panniers on.
KEEP RIDING!!!
Etra lake

Shopping at Wegmans

No comments: