Friday, April 18, 2008

A Marty Day

For those of you who do not know me, A Marty Day is an endearing term used by my close cycling friends. I suffer from SAD, Seasonal Affective Disorder, and tend to get over exuberant over a great ride in great weather to the point my cycling friends now refer to a great cycling day as A Marty Day. Today was such a day. It will probably be one of the ten best Marty Days of the year. Temps in the 70's to low 80's, almost no wind, no humidity and pure sunshine. Shorts, T shirt and sandles. My favorite cycling outfit.



I set out to do 50 miles and decided to make it an adventure and let the roads lead me as they may. As it turned out I found myself in Allentown. It is a quaint town with antique and quilt shops and a great small town coffee shop called Woody's. They make great inexpensive sandwiches and have outside tables and chairs, so you can keep an eye on your bike. Also up the road is a great small park overlooking a beautiful pond with benches. Another great place to stop and relax. Allentown is a hub for motorcyclists and bicyclists as it is surounded by rural roads.

The day was so beautifull I decided to put on a few extra miles, by taking the long way home. It was 56 miles. Taking a short break, I later went to the store making my total for the day 61 mi.

Truly A Marty Day


No comments: