Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Back to the Future




I have tried very hard to like my new Fuji Retro Tourer, but, it has become a losing battle. My heart still belongs to my trusty steed, my ICE T trike. I have invested much time and money into the Fuji and enjoyed working on it, but, my T still gives me greater pleasure. The Fuji has a wonderful soft ride with a very big cool factor. Unfortunately I feel like a billboard way up in the air and there is just no getting comfortable on all the seats I have tried. I decided to sell it on Craigslist and Ebay. I even brought the price down to $600. Alas no takers. I thought I might sell off the parts, but, I know, I would never recover my loses. It seems when it comes to DF bikes, there is no good resale value. It was much easier and quicker selling my 7-8 yr old recumbents. I am considering giving this bike to a family member if he can appreciate it, otherwise, it will sit in my garage as a thing of beauty.

No comments: