Sunday, July 26, 2009

On Vacation




I am fortunate to have just returned from a weeks vacation(you guessed it) outside Sea Isle City. The weather was mostly cooperative. We were there for 8 days of which 1.5 we had some rain. We used those days to shop and explore. We decided to check out the Western side of southern NJ. It is quite different on the Delaware bay side. The land is made up of old fishing villages surrounded by marsh land. I never could quite get the appeal of living in these wetlands, but as you start to check these areas out you begin to appreciate the fauna and flora. The land is rich in nutrients and has an array of wildlife, especially bird watching. There is also a sereneness and quite not found on the east coast.
I was fortunate to get 6 days of early morning cycling in. I averaged 20 relaxing miles per day for a total of just over 102 mi. I changed plans and decided to head north of Sea Isle towards Ocean City and back. I was a nice change of scenery with bike friendly roads. I spoke to one cyclist about my ride to Cape May. He said another great ride is north into Atlantic City. I will have to try that the next chance I get.
This was a great week of easy cycling and relaxing at the Jersey Shore.
KEEP RIDING!!!!!




No comments: