Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Take The Long Way Home

Today was to be one of those 10 best days so I opted for an early start. 5 miles into the ride and I lost the sun. Temps remained mild and there was little wind so I planned for a 40 miler and maybe more. My 18 mile mark is where I have to decide if I want to take the long scenic ride with no short cuts home. That's a minimum of 50 miles with no if's and's or but's. I was feeling good in spite of no sun so it was a no brainer, onwards and upwards. The last month and a half have had their fair share of rain and I lost many cycling days compared to March so I was excited to make this ride last. It was one of those days I had no place I had to be. Even what little wind was at my back for the last 15 miles and yes the sun finally followed me home.
What a great ride!






No comments: