Saturday, October 25, 2008

1st Fall Ride of 2008

It has been a hectic second half of the year for me. My available cycling time has decreased to the point, I will probably not reach my annual goal of 3K mi. I am not upset as I am trying to incorporate more commuting time for the new year.
I was off this last Friday and proclaimed it Marty's Bike Day. The weather cooperated in the mid 40-50 range with minimal winds. I had not been out on my bike for a nearly a week. I new I would be out of condition for my routine 50 miler, so I decided to cut back. I waited till the frost had dissipated and left about 9:30 am. With my new Streamer fairing in place I decided to start my favorite ride and then deviate and blow caution to the wind.
For the past 6 months I have had to take a detour from my usual return due to construction. I decided today I would check to see if construction was completed. It was not, so I ventured out searching for a new way home. It was a beautiful fall day and I was up for it. My day completed 37 mi and I could have done more. My attached videos do not do justice to the awesome feeling of my day.
KEEP RIDING!!!


No comments: