Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Years End

I was hoping to get more miles in for 2008. As it turned out I missed my annual goal of 3000 miles. This is the 1st in over 10 yrs I missed by 140 mi. I started off like a gang buster and would easily have passed my goal, but as life would have it, things change.
All is not lost. I am contemplating new ways to further enjoy my cycling for the new year.
Gone is the annual week long cycling events, like BikeVa, BikeFL and GOBA. Although I would like to try to get time for BikeVa. I know longer ride with my local club. My old cycling buddies have gone their ways. I have become focused on my trike which does not easily fit in with these circles of cyclists. This might sound depressing, but I am actually happy. Life is evolving and so is my cycling. I continue to use my bike for utility miles. My Streamer fairing has made winter riding much more enjoyable and has increased the wow factor 10 times. I am looking at new bikes and new ways to incorporate them into my life. I still love to ride and am looking forward to what new adventures 2009 holds.
KEEP RIDING!!!

No comments: