Tuesday, October 25, 2011

4,000 Miles

Windy


Beautiful
Today my 41 mile ride brought me to the 4,000 mile mark for the year.  It was a blustery day with winds at 15-20 mph.  I usually prefer hills to wind, although the Streamer Fairing has helped with that a great deal.  For me the bottom line is sunshine and today it was abundant.  I was surprised to see so many cyclists on this windy Tuesday.  The past Saturday had few cyclists and it was a calm sunny day.  Maybe they realize the season does not have to be over. 
My annual goal is 3,000 miles so you can see what an accomplishment this is. Last year I had a record breaking 5,340 miles for the year.  I don't think I will break last years record.  I am 200 miles and 15 rides short compared to last year at this time.   However the year pans out is fine.  It has been a fantastic and enjoyable cycling year.
KEEP RIDING!!!

No comments: