Monday, November 14, 2011

New Shifter

Micro Shift 3x9 Shifter
I recently had my 3rd failure with my Shimano shifter.  That is unacceptable to me.  According to one of the news groups Shimano barend shifter failures are common.  Unfortunately they are one of the only manufactures of a 3x9 barend shifter.  I heard some talk of another company called Micro Shift.  They have a 3x9 but it only comes in indexing and you cannot switch to friction if it breaks.  I decided to take a chance and purchased it off of EBay for $77 shipped.  Shimano's are $115 plus shipping.  They have no US distributors so the purchase was direct from Taiwan.  I received them in less than 2 weeks.  I put the right one on today.  They are very similar to the Shimano but have less loose parts and the accent color is black.  So far they seem to work fine.  It is nice to have the accurate shifting indexing allows.  It will be a test of time to see if they hold up better.
KEEP RIDING!!!  

No comments: