Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fun Work

Most of my free time is spent riding. Sometimes I have to work on my bike. Today was such a day. The weather promised to be rainy (you know how that goes). I thought it would be a good time to do those modifications to my Greenway. I moved the brake and gear levers in and cut the handle bar ends 1 inch on each side. I didn't like how wide they were. This bike has 6 cable housings compared to 4 on most bikes. To make matters worse they were much too long. I trimmed 4 inches off of each housing and had to readjust the brakes and gears. I added some new cable tires to further neaten things up. I re-positioned my head lights and computer. Also repaired fenders. Can't do all this work without cleaning the bike. I took my time and things went without incidence. Although it never rained and it would have been a nice riding day, I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

No comments: