Wednesday, January 23, 2013

2 by 2

It has been down right cold. Today's temps in the low 20's. I wasn't sure whether I could enjoy a leisurely ride today so I took my Greenway for some errands. I new if things got too cold, I would not be too far from home. I find in this weather doubling up is the way to go. 2 shirts, 2 pants, 2 pair of wool socks, 2 pair of gloves, a balaclava and wool hat with earmuffs, scarf, hoodie and finally my new windbreaker jacket. It is a lot of preparation and not easy to just get up and go. It also makes walking around in stores more difficult as you have to undress and dress. When shopping in these cold temps I am not as conspicuous. Most people look like the Abominable snow man also. One thing about the Greenway, it's an attention grabber. I get a lot of "Cool Bike". It does seem a bit nuts riding in such cold but I find it COOOL!
20 miles around town

No comments: