Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Birthday Challenge

More than a decade ago I set myself a challenge. Ride my age for my birthday. For the past few years, I promised myself, that I would take this challenge down south. This ride has become one of my longer rides of the year. I have to plan this event based on the weather. It has been quite cold this early part of January. Forecasters predicted a warming trend. Today seemed like the day with temps climbing into the 40's. I got an early start. It was cold, just above freezing. The winds were feisty at around 15 mph. They were with me for the first 25 miles. All I could do was put my head down and pedal slow and steady. I was determined. The sky was blue with few clouds and bright sunshine. The wind was no longer nagging and the day got warmer. A smile came to my face knowing I would again succeed. I made it home, grateful for another year.



Frozen









Happy Birthday!

No comments: