Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Caught In The Rain

Getting caught in Winter rain gives me anxiety. I fear I will become too cold and unable to complete the ride.  If there is a threat of rain I try not to be too far from home. Between life's obligations and the extreme weather I was unable to get out the last few days  My plan for today was to do a 35 miler and get home before the rain. 20 miles into the ride the winds picked up and the skies darkened. I decided to cut the ride short and head home. 7 miles from home the skies opened. It was not as bad as I imagined. My layered clothes kept me warm and dry, electronics went in a plastic bag and bike light turned on. I used a bit more caution and slowed the pace. It was kind of fun watching peoples expressions as I pedaled by. I made it home safe and sound.

No comments: