Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pilgrimage Birthday Ride

It finally stopped raining, the snow has melted and the sun was to shine. With temps in the 40's and in spite of high winds I embarked on my annual pilgrimage birthday ride. Riding my age. Something of a right of passage since age 50. Every year it becomes a greater challenge, especially battling January weather here in the northeast. Today's gusty winds in excess of 20 mph made the mid 40's feel like 30's. There were times on the flats I couldn't push past 8 mph. Crosswinds proved quite the challenge.in maintaining an upright position. Although forecaster promised bright sunshine it didn't come out until 40 miles into the ride. All these adversities proved useless against my determination. I can once again shout,
I DID IT!!!
Flooded fields

Windy






Finally Sun


I DID IT!!!

No comments: