Saturday, July 26, 2014

Rage

I was pedaling along a quiet country road when I looked in my mirror and found another cyclist drafting off me. Well maybe not drafting as I was only going 10 mph. After about a quarter mile a car zooms past with his horn waling. The driver then puts his hand out the window giving us the finger. My immediate reaction was to put both hands in the air giving back a double "Italian Salute".  The other cyclists exclaims "I'm with you on that one" The next thing I know the car stops ahead in the middle of the road. I pedal up fast to the drivers door and figure this guys got balls as there are 2 of us. To my surprise the other cyclist passes the car quietly and rides off leaving me alone with this maniac. I said "what's your problem"? He said "you should have pulled over". I said "this road is not big enough for you Asshole". He then said I had an attitude problem. I said, I do now you fuck'n asshole. He then tried to run me over. I was now seeing red and was overcome with rage. I jumped off my bike and then said he needs to get out of his car so I can stick that cigarette up his ass. This 62 yr old 5'7" raging bull was out of control. As I lunged for his neck he drove off leaving me shaken. By now a few cars had stopped asking if I was OK and not to let him ruin my day. I gave a passing nod of gratitude, hopped on my bike and pedaled away.
I will have to go back to my smile and wave attitude.
Just had to vent.

No comments: