Thursday, October 2, 2014

Much About Nothing


3/4 into the year and I just passed 5k miles. A few hundred miles short of last year at the same time. Still very respectable by most standards and more importantly my own. I suspect only another 1k by years end as we will be doing some extensive traveling this month were long rides will not be happening. When we travel I bring my Fuji beater bike and my wife's Schwinn for easy rides around the campgrounds and local towns. I don't mind not spending hours in the saddle as my wife and I spend some quality time together exploring new places. We enjoy it so much we are planning, in a few years, to explore the entire U.S. by RV. With that in mind I have been cleaning house including my stable of bikes, parts and accessories. I just sold my Rans Stratus which was one of my favorite bikes of all times. I plan to sell all my bikes and get a fold-up trike that I can stow easily. The Greenway will be the most difficult to sell. It's eclectic design cannot easily be replaced nor appreciated by many recumbent aficionados and will be sorely missed. My ICE T, another all time favorite, is 8 years old and I have gotten my monies worth. I suspect I will have little trouble selling with all the accessories for a very reasonable price. In the meantime I continue to ride as much as possible. My passion for riding is more than 30 years and I see no slowing, even with age.
Gone

Over 25k miles
Today's Ride

Beater Bike




No comments: