Sunday, January 4, 2015

Fast Ride

Crumby day so I swapped out the front tires to new Trykers and the back to an old Conti Sport Contact. I have a Kojak 1.3 on order for the rear. With nothing else to do and the rain holding off,  I decided to take these new puppies out for a quick spin. It was no surprise the ride was smoother. What did surprise me was my speed. I haven't averaged this high in over a year and that was on my Stratus. It was a windy day with gusts up to 18 mph. Riding in a loop had me fighting them for a number of miles but provided a strong tailwind on the return. It was however unseasonably warm with temps in the upper 50's. I am slower in the cold. I am contemplating lighter faster tires but fear I might be sacrificing some comfort.  I'll continue as is and see how things play out.Whatever the reason it was a fast 19 miles. The Expedition continues to shine as a Sport-Tourer.







No comments: