Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Racking Up The Miles

It's hot and it's been tough trying to get those long distance miles in.  Today at 90+ degrees with high humidity it was a struggle to do 32 miles.  It seems I am always looking for some shade.  My average has dropped significantly by 1 MPH.  It doesn't seem like much but when you are slow to begin with it hurts.  I am trying to commute more and hope to ride my 10 miles to work tomorrow on my Fuji.  That will give me an additional 20 miles of riding I would not do on a work day.
Compared to my outstanding mileage of last year I am right on target.  I am at 1805 miles as of today where last year I was at 2254 at the end of June.  I still have about 3 weeks to go before the end of June.  My near last week will be on GOBA in Ohio where I should easily manage between 3-400 miles.  If all goes according to plan I will exceed last years mileage at mid-year.  The second half of the year my be a little tougher.  I hope to add some miles by commuting more.  Time will tell.
KEEP RIDING!!!

No comments: