Monday, July 25, 2011

Out of the Heat?

It has been brutal out there. Not just in NJ, but throughout the country. Record breaking temps in the triple digits has made cycling almost impossible. I have gone out for short 3-7 mile utility runs and also tried to do short 20 mile rides. Both of which have made me feel exhausted, foolish, and down right dangerous. Luckily I have air-conditioning and a pool to cool off in. Today, on the other hand, we had a break in the weather. temps down into the 80's with overcast skies making riding somewhat bearable. I managed a 36 mile ride, but in all honesty I did not feel the love I had hoped. My body has not recovered from all this heat and it will take some time before I recharge. Tomorrow, I am working and the weather looks promising, but I think I will leave my bike and commute by car.
Taking a break so I can,
KEEP RIDING!!

No comments: