Sunday, March 8, 2015

Finally

Hooray forecasters got it right. Not only did we break out of that arctic freeze but temps warmed up to the upper 40's with plenty of sunshine. Finally after 24 days of hard Winter I was able to climb on my bike and ride. It was already in the upper 30's when I left but I decided to err on the side of caution and darned all my warm weather gear. It was a tough start as I could feel those 10 extra pounds of "Winter Fur". Wind was a bit of an issue too especially coming off snow filled fields. It wasn't long before I was able to shed some clothes, put flaps up and was feeling the groove with my slow and steady motto. It was quite wet and even with my full fenderd ICE T there was plenty splash back and I had to pay special attention to cars and puddles. It will be some time before things dry up enough to use my new Expedition. It looks like the warming trend will continue and I'm exited to get back into the swing of things. In the meantime it was a great ride and to make the day even better it is daylight savings and I have an extra hour to enjoy this beautiful day.
Entering Englishtown

Winter clothes


Sloppy



Flaps up

Cold winds off the fields

Snow covered Etra Lake

Tada!!!

No comments: