Saturday, March 21, 2015

Rant.

I only got 2 rides in since my last post. The weather has been playing cat and mouse. I've had to layer up for those cold mornings and those winds have been brutal.  Just as we were beginning to see green, we got hit with another snow storm on the first day of Spring. I know, "in like a lion", we'll see.
Yesterdays storm
In between riding I've been playing with my bikes. My replacement fender on my ICE T is not working out. It's too short and has been spitting water up the back of my neck. Not good especially with the sloppy roads after the massive meltdown. I temporarily/permanently fixed it with good old Duck Tape and a piece of foam. Seem to work fine and easy peasy.  My son commented on how ghetto it looked so I replaced it with a mud flap from PlanetBike. $5 shipped for 2, can't beat that. Still waiting for the final test but it does look good.
Ghetto rigged

$5

Nice
My next project was swapping out the brake levers on my Expedition with locking levers. You have to have some locking ability on trikes or they will roll away from you. The Velcro strap supplied is a pain. I found a pair of locking levers on Ebay for $15. Why mfg's don't put those on is beyond me
New parking brake
.
Oh, by the way, I'm not sure if i'll be keeping the Expedition. It is sportier and faster than my ICE but it seems I have to work harder and I'm not sure it's worth it. It sure is pretty though. I have it for sale at a great price but no offers yet. Maybe I need some more time.
Very pretty
Tomorrow 30's and breezy. I hope I can get something in.
Until next time,
KEEP RIDING!!!

No comments: