Monday, May 20, 2013

Old Favorite 50

I was thinking of one of my old cycling buddies and our favorite 50 miler popped into my head.  Warm, hazy, humid and chance of thunderstorms made it finally feel like Summer. Seemed like a perfect day for the ride.

I headed out through Monroe, Cranbury and into Plainsboro. Things were as I remembered except for a few new housing developments.
I was quite pleased riding through West Windsor with it's bike friendly ways and abundant Share the Road signs.

I reached the half-way point at Mercer County Park and decided to detour through the park which added another 8 miles to the ride.
I took the 3 1/2 mile scenic paved MUP which rides past the boathouse and along the lake.



The weather continued to improve and it was smooth sailing for the rest of the trip home. Adding the fact it didn't rain made for one awesome day.





No comments: