Saturday, January 1, 2011

Rocketing In The New Year 1/1/11

I finished a great 32 mile New Years Day ride on my new used Rans Rocket.  Although it is not quite tweaked out yet it performed beautifully.  It took some time to get used to, but, as the mileage increased so did my speed.  I found it more stable than I remembered.  I was 2.5 mph faster than on my trike and 2 mph faster than my Fuji Tourer, at about the same weight.  It is still early to assess it's speed and riding qualities.  The Rans seat that I always found most comfortable gave me some recumbent butt.  I am using different muscles than on my trike.  Time and further adjustments will be the true answer.  Shifting was on the money.  Braking was as I remembered. poor and squealing.  The tweener type bars on this bike vs. the Hamster type on my old bike are far more stable.  It has Schwalbe Marathon Racer tires which I find quite fast and at 80 psi can be a little jarring over major bumps. Not sure if it is the tires or the bike.  Overall I find it a nice inexpensive addition to my stable.
Happy New Year
KEEP RIDING!!!

No comments: