Thursday, July 1, 2010

6 Month Mileage

This is turning out to be one of my best cycling years in over a decade. On June 30 I hit 2,250 miles, just 750 miles short of my annual goal. 99.9% done on my trike. Since getting back into cycling over 20 years ago, I always tried to use my bike for errands and things. Adding the trailer, has increased my utility miles significantly. I spent the last 3 months being as car-free as possible and will continue enjoying that trend. The weather has been cooperating too with minimal rain fall. I can take the heat, cold and even wind, but I tend to draw the line with rain. It's just not enjoyable and makes for more mechanical and cleaning issues. I ride for pure enjoyment but the health benefits are not to be discounted. I hope to continue my efforts.
KEEP RIDING!!!

No comments: