Friday, July 30, 2010

Horsing Around Allentown

























Today was one of those glorious days. 11 out of 10. It brought back memories of riding with some old friends. It seemed back then all rides lead through Allentown. So today being a Marty Day, with no place I had to be, I headed to Allentown. It's one of those old small historic towns that draws bicyclists, motorcyclists and antique shoppers. It's a great halfway point to take a break and snack by the lake. Unfortunately, they are doing some construction on the bridge by the lake so the park rest stop is closed. It still conjured up some old wonderful memories. One of my favorite things to do, when I rediscovered cycling over 20 yrs ago, was to ride down roads I have never been on before. Feeling like a kid again I did just that for my return trip home. The problem was over the yrs there is no road in this area I have not gone. Be that as it may, it was a fantastic 51 miles.
KEEP RIDING!!!

No comments: