Sunday, October 3, 2010

Yin and Yang

This weekend I decided to ride my trike on Saturday and due a Club ride with my Fuji on Sunday. Saturday was a beautiful fall day and I managed to get 35 carefree miles in. The repairs I did were spot on and the trike performed flawlessly. Sunday I left my house at 8:30 to make a 9:30 club ride as scheduled at Thomson Park in Jamesburg. I like when rides start from that location as I am only 8.5 miles away and I can ride my bike to and from the rides. As usual I did not call the ride leader to confirm the ride. To my surprise, the park was filled with about 1000 cars and I realized it was Staten Island's Annual Pumpkin Patch Club Ride. I decided to ride around and see if I could find my club, but to my dismay, I could not. I did not want to just ride home so I decided to follow the short route of 25 miles. This is my backyard and I ride this area all the time, but, since I did not pay for this event I would not utilize their rest stops. I miss riding these events with my old cycling buddies so it was fun to reminisce. The weather turned cool and the 2nd half was against the 15-20mph winds. After all was said and done I did 43 miles and had a good time. I will have to find out what happened to the original club ride.
KEEP RIDING!!!

No comments: