Saturday, August 6, 2011

3,000 Mile Mark

Lunch Stop
Today, in spite of being tired from my last 3 busy days, I managed to get out for a 50 miler.  The weather was warm and sunny with a light breeze.  It was a slow start and my leg muscles were hurting.  I only needed about 20 miles to reach my annual goal of 3k miles.  I was hoping to do more miles and decided to use the wait and see method.  15 miles into the ride I was beginning to feel myself again.  Slow and steady was the attitude of the day.
Last year was an all time best for annual mileage.  I far exceeded my 3k goal and finished with over 5300 miles.  I decided to compare my mileage and number of rides to date with last year.  Last year on August 6th I had 3039 miles with 112 days of riding.  This year I have 3027 miles with 100 days of riding.  It's amazingly close.  It will be interesting to see how the year pans out.
KEEP RIDING!!!

No comments: