Friday, June 13, 2014

Bring it Home

About 25 years ago, when I got back into cyclingI bought a new Mongoose mountain bike. It didn't take long to realize I was not riding mountain trails. I traded those knobby tires for slicks, added fenders, rack, inexpensive panniers and I was off to explore the world. Back then there was no internet and all the information was obtained through magazines. I new of only 2 mass merchandisers, PerformanceBikes and Nashbar. I looked forward to the mail to see if a new catalog had arrived. It wasn't till a few years later that I hooked up with a bicycle club and purchased my first road bike. It was a good 15 years when I finally let go of my Mongoose but my passion for using my bike for errands never dwindled.

The nice thing about pedaling a 60 lb trike is you don't notice another 40 lbs of cargo.
If you don't take your bike to the store, you should.


No comments: