Monday, June 2, 2014

Shore? Why Not?


What better way to spend a beautiful mid 80's sunny day than a trip to the Jersey shore. I love riding along the beach and NJ has some of the finest on the East Coast. The only problem is the 25 mile ride to and from. It's on some pretty busy roads and the ride back is into the sun and usually with a headwind.  I have to wonder if the 50 hard miles is worth the 17 scenic shoreline. For that reason I usually only do this ride once a year. I try to ride before Memorial day so I am free to ride the boardwalks. I was booted off the boardwalks 3 times today. I did have a good tail wind up the shore. Just before leaving I stopped at The Windmill for their famous Foot Long Dogs with all the fixings.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it. It was a 67 mile day, I got some color and my legs are sore but overall I feel good.





Belmar Beach


Entrance to Asbury Park
 

 

Long Branch




No comments: