Saturday, June 28, 2014

This and That

I like to think of myself as a cycling advocate but I'm not one to go march on Washington. IMHO building more bike paths only reinforces the notion that bicycles don't belong on the road. It also never made sense to me to put your bike on your car, drive 40 miles round trip to do a 40 mile club ride. I understand some people are just not comfortable riding their bikes on the open road so for them any way they can get out and ride is good. For me cycling is exercise, sport, transportation and just a fun way to enjoy the outdoors.
Today's ride was a typical day for me. I got to enjoy this great weather, stayed in shape with 42 miles, saw some beautiful countryside, witnessed a giant turtle crossing and got the best parking spot in front of my favorite store.
That's how I do it.











No comments: