Friday, July 26, 2013

Bonding

My son, Justin, recently rediscovered cycling. He bought a hybrid bike and equipped it with a rack, bag, GPS, phone mount, lights and locks. Like his dad, his bike has an extra 10 lbs of gear. Unlike his dad he kicks ass on that thing. We did a 50 plus mile ride today. I averaged 1 mph faster than my best time on a good day. He waited up for me on too many occasions. His longest ride prior to this was 32 miles. I guess there is something to be said for age. On the other hand he did complain of a sore shoulder and butt. I was willing to go another 10 miles but he wasn't. It was a great day with great weather. We stopped at Historic Walnford Historic Farm, Sunrise Lake, and a field of Sunflowers. We even bumped into my buddy Bob. What a joy to share my passion with my son. I hope this is the beginning of more to come.













Helmet Head







1 comment:

mikki said...

Great pictures of you & your son!