Monday, July 8, 2013

Summer's Day

I had some errands to run and by the time I started my ride it was well after 10.  I wanted to get back before the heat of the day as it has been brutally hot the last week. I rode to work Saturday, at dawn, which was an easy, relaxed 10 miles. I arrived soaked in sweet. When I left the building at 3 it felt like I walked into an oven. It was one of those oppressively hot days that fills Emergency Rooms. Needless to say I was the only one crazy enough to be out on a bike. When I got home I jumped in my 90 degree pool and floated about for hours. Not wanting to be another statistic I opted not to ride to work the next day. Today's 40% drop in humidity, soft breezes and abundant cloud cover gave respite from the extreme heat. 46 miles on this enjoyable Summer's day.

No comments: