Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Miles To Nowhere

I have been a cycling manic obsessed with riding countless miles. I seemed to have lost my focus on what cycling means to me. I rode a lot on GOBA but it wasn't the miles that made it great. It was meeting new people and exploring new places. It's the freedom that let's you slow down and even stop to take in life"s simple pleasures. My son recently got into cycling and exploring his new neighborhood.  He said he is on a mini GOBA finding great parks, bike paths and talking with locals when refueling. Everyday is a new adventure. Cycling gives me that freedom to explore without restraints.  Some of my favorite riding is just tooling around town. Don't get me wrong, I will still be counting my miles. It excites me that I do more miles by bike than car. I feel good my foot print is a little smaller along with my belly. I have to remember it's not the destination but the journey along the way.
You can stop along the way for ice cream and not feel guilty about the calories.

No comments: