Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Early Start

I was out by 8 hoping to avoid the heat of the day. Temp was in the mid 80's but felt more like mid 90's. The sky was heavily overcast and it looked like rain. The air was thick and muggy and in no time I was covered in sweat. The biggest problem leaving early is dealing with the morning commuters. These half asleep, cell phone talking drivers have little regard, especially towards bicycles. Windows closed, AC and radio on makes for more alienation from the environment. Don't get me started on the caravan of school buses  Let's see how many 75 yr old retired persons we can put behind a 12 ton vehicle carrying your most precious cargo. OK, enough ranting. I managed to make it out into the country with no close calls. Light rain fell for awhile but only made things more soupy. I had a few errands to run before heading home. Just when I thought it couldn't get any warmer the sun came out for my last 4 miles. I made it home by noon. Although I might complain a bit about the weather. I will take the heat of the Summer over Winter.
Overcast day

No comments: